Of all the openings in South Florida, none could compete with the opening of the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s massive Guitar Hotel. The hotel comes complete with a plethora of dining concepts, a poolside day club, and a shopping arcade.
Other significant openings include Cocktail Cartel’s sneaker-themed Grails Sports Bar, Seawell Fish & Oyster, and Gregory’s Diner at the Vagabond Hotel.
In closings, Ad Lib shuttered after numerous chef changes.
- Baccarat Boutique Bar & Lounge. 140 NE 39th St., Miami; 786-870-5809; boutique.baccarat.fr
- Boss Cow. 1036 S. Miami Ave., Miami; bosscow.com.
- Casa D’Angelo. 2906 NE 207th St, Aventura; 305-699-5500; casa-d-angelo.com.
- Conos. 751 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-763-8298; conosmiami.com.
- Dunkanoo Jamaican Kitchen. 310 NW 24th St., Miami; dunkanookitchen.com.
- Grails Sports Bar. 2808 N Miami Ave, Miami; instagram.com/grailssportsbar.
- Gregory’s Diner. 7301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-846-9130; gregorysmiami.com.
- Guitar Hotel at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood; seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
- La Sandwicherie. 169 NW 23rd St., Miami; lasandwicherie.com.
- Ms. Cheezious at Time Out Market. 1601 Drexel Ave., Miami Beach; timeoutmarket.com/miami.
- Seawell Fish & Oyster at Kimpton Angler’s Hotel in South Beach. 660 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-534-9600; anglershotelmiami.com.
- Shimuja Miami Beach. 1766 Bay Rd., Miami Beach; shimuja.com.
- Sorbillo. 100 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-281-0588; sorbillonyc.com.
Ad Lib barely lasted a year.
Photo courtesy of Ad Lib
- Ad Lib
- Pubbelly Noodle Bar
- Afishionado – Jeremy Ford to open seafood eatery
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar – opening at Aventura ParkSquare
- Bachour Bakery and Restaurant – opening in Doral
- The Baked Bear – Coming to Wynwood and Sawgrass Mills
- Balloo: Modern Home Cooking – opening in downtown Miami
- Biscayne Bay Brewing – opening a second location in downtown Miami
- Bonci – Roman-style pizza to open at Cube Wynwood
- Botanico Gin – Opening in CocoWalk
- Brasamasa – opening in downtown Miami
- Bulla Gastrobar – slated to open at the Falls in the fourth quarter of 2019
- Bunnie Cakes – opening a location in downtown Doral
- Burger Beast Burger Joint inside Mojo Donuts & Fried Chicken – Burger Beast set to open a burger joint
- El Bagel – opening permanent spot
- The Cat’s Meow Cafe – cat café coming to MiMo
- Cote – Michelin-starred steak house to open in Miami
- Champion Burger – a new burger concept from the Coyo Taco people
- Chica – Lorena Garcia bringing her Las Vegas restaurant to Miami
- Dalia at the Celino South Beach Hotel – opening in South Beach
- Descarga Brewing Company – opening in North Miami
- The Doral Yard – Della Heiman’s community, food, and drink hub will open in Doral
- Esplanade at Aventura – new dining and shopping complex in Aventura with Jarana and more
- G.L.O.W. – a fro-yo shop that donates all proceeds to charity opening in Wynwood
- Gramps 2 – opening 2020
- Gramps by the Sea – opening 2021
- Hiyakawa – Wabi Sabi chef opening Wynwood restaurant
- Icebox Cafe – opening at Aventura ParkSquare, the Falls, and Hallandale
- Ichimi Ramen – coming to Midtown Miami
- Ironside Bakery – fresh bread coming to Miami
- La Fontana – Steakhouse opening in Doral
- La Gringa Tostaderia – Opening at Time Out Market
- Little Hen – Breakfast and high tea opening in Midtown Miami
- Lost City Brewing Company – coming to North Miami
- The Loyal – New York brasserie coming to Miami
- Macchialina – opening second location in Coral Gables
- Marabu at Brickell City Centre – opening in early 2019
- Margot – Bar Lab opening a wine bar in downtown Miami
- Morrofino Barcelona – opening winter 2019
- Off Site – Steve Santana (Taquiza) and Adam Darnell (Boxelder) opening a nano-brewery in Little Haiti
- Omakai Sushi – opening in Wynwood
- Orilla Bar & Grill – opening in Miami Beach
- Osaka – Nikkei restaurant coming to Miami
- Punch Bowl Social – opening in Wynwood
- Riverside – mixed-use facility and brewhouse in Brickell
- Rivertail – Jose Mendin to Open his first Fort Lauderdale restaurant
- Shuckers – opening a location in South Beach
- Spanglish – opening in Wynwood
- Sushi Garage – Opening in CocoWalk
- Uchi – Texas sushi coming to Miami
- Unbranded Brewing Company – Hialeah’s first brewery
- Unseen Creatures – brewery opening soon
- Whole Foods Market – proposed megastore in Sunset Harbour and new Fort Lauderdale locations
- Yeasty Brews – new brewery celebrating the fermentation process